[Paraview] Paraview and ITK

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Mon Nov 28 15:16:25 EST 2016

In the past, I have used ITK in custom ParaView plugins written in
C++. That's a fairly straightforward approach when you use the VtkGlue
module from ITK to transfer data between VTK and ITK image data types.
See http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Plugin_HowTo for information
about ParaView plugins.

Another approached used by Tomviz, a ParaView-based application,
involves using ITK in some filtering operations. It uses ITK's Python
bindings and imports the itk package in the ITK-based Python filters.
See https://github.com/OpenChemistry/tomviz for the Tomviz source
code.

HTH,
Cory

On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 10:54 AM, Fred Fred <stan1313 at hotmail.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is there any work on integrating ITK filters into PV?
>
> What is the easiest way to do it?
>
> Is there other 2D images filters available?
>
> Thx in advance for your help.
>

> S.

Cory Quammen
Staff R&D Engineer