[Paraview] Find Data does not work on MPI

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Sun Nov 27 16:29:39 EST 2016

> Does anyone use Find Data function on MPI?

I just tried it with 5.2.0 in parallel and the Find Data dialog works
fine for the queries I tried.

Could you provide more information about what you are trying to get to
work? Listing the steps you take before running into the problem is
helpful. For example, telling us which data file you loaded, what your
Find Data query is, etc.

Thanks,
Cory

>> On Nov 20, 2016, at 14:16, Magician <f_magician at mac.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>

>> When I operating ParaView on MPI mode, Find Data function does not work correctly.
>> The dialog is just opened, but the 'Run Selection Query' always returns no cell or point.
>>
>> How to select specific cells or points on parallel ParaView?
>> My PV is v5.2.0-RC1 on Windows 8 64bit, and MPI is Microsoft HPC Pack 2008 R2.
>>

>> Magician

Cory Quammen
Staff R&D Engineer
Kitware, Inc.