[Paraview] a reproducible procedure

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Sun Nov 20 11:45:50 EST 2016

ParaView has extensive Python scripting capabilities that will do what
you are looking for. Usually the easiest way to get started is to
create a Python trace, which is a script generated from actions you
take in the GUI. Launch ParaView, then select the menu item "Tools ->
Start Trace". Do the actions you want, then select "Tools -> Stop
Trace". You'll see the generated Python script in a window that pops
up. You can save that script and then run it with pvpython or through
the Python console in the ParaView application. You can of course
modify the Python script to open different input files and save images
to different file names.

Please consult the ParaView Guide [1] for additional details on Python
scripting in ParaView.

HTH,
Cory

[1] http://www.paraview.org/documentation/

On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 11:18 AM, Fande Kong <fdkong.jd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I manually import data for NS equations, create filter, and finally save
> some pictures. I was wondering if paraview can reproduce exactly the same
> things I have done before by using scripts?
>
> In CUBIT, anythings users did will be saved a jour file, and this file can
> be used to reproduce what have done before. Does paraview have a similar
> thing?
>

> Fande,

Cory Quammen
Staff R&D Engineer