[Paraview] Issue with the vtkStructuredPointsReader or Writer when reading/writing binary files?

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Tue Nov 15 11:23:04 EST 2016

Evan,

I can confirm loading your attached test.vtk file does not act right
in ParaView's development branch. The image dimensions and data arrays
appear to be read, but nothing shows up in the view, which is not
expected. I do not see the warning message you reported, though.

Could you zip up and share the VTK ASCII file that works as expected?

Thanks,
Cory

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 6:37 PM, Evan Kao <tossin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm working with vtkImageData in Paraview 5.0 (Windows 7, 64-bit) and
> sometimes I need to save data in binary legacy (.vtk) format for backwards
> compatibility with older VTK versions.  However, I had issues reading the
> resulting file using VTK 5.10, or reading it back into Paraview.  The
> following error pops up:
>
> Warning: In
> C:\bbd\df0abce0\source-paraview\VTK\IO\Legacy\vtkStructuredPointsReader.cxx,
> line 293
>
> vtkStructuredPointsReader (000000000D80D7D0): Not all meta data was read
> form the file.
>

> I attached a sample file.  ASCII data appears to work fine.
>
> - Evan Kao

Cory Quammen
Staff R&D Engineer
Kitware, Inc.