[Paraview] Regarding filtering of point data array

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Wed Nov 9 01:58:02 EST 2016

Dennis,

You are absolutely right. I wasn't familiar enough with the syntax for
selection on point coordinates to be confident in suggesting that, but
I looked and it turns out to be

(xmin < points[:,0]) & (points[:,0] < xmax) & (ymin < points[:,1]) &
(points[:,1] < ymax) & (zmin < points[:,2]) & (points[:,2] < zmax)

where xmin, xmax, ymin, ymax, zmin, and zmax are the bounds of the box.

Enter the above expression in the Find Data dialog with appropriate
substitutions for xmin, etc. into expression at the top, and change
the leftmost combobox from ID to Query and the middle combo box to
"is". Change the "Find" combobox to Points and choose your data source
in the combobox on the right. It should look like the attached image.

After you have it set up, you can extract the selection by clicking
the Extract Selection button.

HTH,
Cory