[Paraview] Regarding filtering of point data array

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Tue Nov 8 12:02:23 EST 2016

Vaibhav,

It's a little involved, but you can filter with the Threshold filter
as Andrew recommends. Attached is a state file showing the pipeline.

First, we apply a Mask filter. We do not want to mask any points, so
we set the On Ratio to 1 and set the Maximum Number of Points to some
high number. The important part here is that we need to generate cells
that the Threshold filter can operate on. Hence we turn on the
Generate Vertices and Single Vertex Per Cell option.

Next, you create a Calculator filter to extract the X coordinate, then
filter the result with a Threshold filter applied to the X coordinate
array. The same is done for Y and Z.

You probably found that the Clip filter does this very quickly with a
box Clip Type setting, but for your application the Box parameters are
not very intuitive.

HTH,
Cory