[Paraview] delta between times

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Thu Nov 3 17:06:11 EDT 2016

Alan,

One can use the Force Time filter to do this.

Load the csv files twice, and apply a Force Time filter to both. In
one Force Time filter, set the first time step (real time, not time
index) in the Forced Time property, and in the second set the Forced
Time to the next time step. Then select both Force Time filters in the
Pipeline Browser and add a Python Calculator. The expression you want
is

inputs[0].Points - inputs[1].Points

By default, the difference will be saved to a Point Data array with
the name in the "Array Name" property of the Python Calculator.

You might need to swap the 0 and 1 indices above based on how ParaView
orders the inputs into the Python Calculator. Unfortunately, that's
not well-defined right now.

Attached is a state file with an example using the can.ex2 file.

HTH,
Cory