[Paraview] ParaView, Python and the CLR

Christian Gabriel cgabriel at matrix-solutions.com
Fri Nov 4 17:37:28 EDT 2016

Good day

I'm trying to use a Programmable Source to read data from a proprietary file format (DHI/MikeZero).

I have access to its SDK via Python, however, it uses managed code (natively written in C#), hence I got my environment set up to use the CLR module and add references to the MikeZero SDK:

import clr
clr.AddReference("DHI.Generic.MikeZero.DFS")
from DHI.Generic.MikeZero.DFS import *

This works well in "stand alone" python scripts.

I tried using the same approach in ParaView/Programmable Source, but it can't find the CLR module.

Is there a set-up step I'm missing in the ParaView Environment to get access to external modules such as CLR?

Thanks, Chris