[Paraview] X3DExporter false mesh colouring?

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon May 23 10:10:44 EDT 2016

And same with categorical colors. I did notice, however, it fails when
coloring with "Field Data" arrays. Is that what you're seeing? That
I'd expected would fail in VTK too. That's indeed a missing feature in
the exporter.

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 10:06 AM, Utkarsh Ayachit
<utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com> wrote:
> Roman,
>
> Can you post an example? When I tried the same with a simple sphere
> color by "Normals X", it seems to work as expected. I used
> "view3dscene" to view the X3d file.
>
> On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 7:26 AM, Grothausmann, Roman Dr.
> <grothausmann.roman at mh-hannover.de> wrote:
>> Dear mailing list members,
>>

>> When I export scenes to X3D then load the mesh into blender or a browser the
>> mesh is colour wrong. The colours are there but apparently assigned to
>> random cells/vertices. This happens with either PV5 or PV4, especially for
>> category colouring. When using e.g. WebGL exporter all is fine.
>> Is there anything to do special for exporting to X3D? When I use plain VTK,
>> the exported colours seemed OK so far.
>>
>> Any help or hints are very much appreciated
>> Roman
>>

>> On 04/12/14 15:34, Michael Nolde wrote:
>>>
>>> works perfectly, thank you!
>>>
>>> On 03.12.2014 19:49, Sebastien Jourdain wrote:
>>> View is not valid at the point you get it.
>>>
>>> from paraview.simple import *
>>> exporters=servermanager.createModule("exporters")
>>> source=Cone()
>>> Show()
>>> render=Render()
>>> x3dExporter=exporters.X3DExporter(FileName="foo.x3d")
>>> x3dExporter.SetView(render)
>>> x3dExporter.Write()
>>>
>>> On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 10:01 AM, Michael Nolde <__mnolde at gmx.net__> wrote:
>>> Dear mailing list members,
>>>
>>> I have some trouble exporting a scene to a X3D file via pvpython.
>>> I tried to execute to code found in
>>> __http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/paraview/2012-May/024924.html__
>>> (see below). It is executed without any errors, but no output file is
>>> created.
>>> My Paraview version is 4.0.1 64-bit (on a Ubuntu 14.04 machine).
>>> What I want to achieve is to convert .ply files to .x3d via pvpython.
>>> Could someone give me a hint?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> Michael
>>>
>>> from paraview.simple import *
>>> exporters=servermanager.createModule("exporters")
>>> source=Cone()
>>> view = GetActiveView()
>>> Show(view)
>>> render=Render()
>>> x3dExporter=exporters.X3DExporter(FileName="foo.x3d")
>>> x3dExporter.SetView(view)