[Paraview] Combining multiple paraview xml files

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue May 10 12:34:03 EDT 2016

The ParaView Data (PVD) file format might do what you want:

http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Data_formats#PVD_File_Format

-Ken

From: ParaView <paraview-bounces at paraview.org> on behalf of Marwen Gammar <mgammar at outlook.fr>
Date: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 4:11 AM
To: "paraview at paraview.org" <paraview at paraview.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Paraview] Combining multiple paraview xml files

Hello Miss, Mister,

I have some troubleregarding my paraview file: i must create an paraview type xml programm which calls other xml files each of them specialized in different datas (geometry, topology, et c...)
What type of strucuture should i use for that?
Thank you very much for your help.

Here is an exemple of what i did (it didn't work):

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<VTKFile type="PUnstructuredGrid" version="0.1" byte_order="BigEndian" compressor="vtkZLibDataCompressor">
  <PUnstructuredGrid GhostLevel="0">
     <PPointData Scalars="my_scalars">
       <PDataArray type="Float32" Name="my_scalars"/>
     </PPointData>
    <Piece Source="polyEx0.vtp"/>
<PCellData Scalars="cell_scalars" Normals="cell_normals">
       <PDataArray type="Int32" Name="cell_scalars"/>
       <PDataArray type="Float32" Name="cell_normals" NumberOfComponents="3"/>
     </PCellData>
    <PPoints>
       <PDataArray type="Float32" NumberOfComponents="3" format="ascii"/>
    </PPoints>
    <Piece Source="polyEx1.vtp"/>
  </PUnstructuredGrid>
</VTKFile>

this is supposed to take some pieces of information from my 2 other programs (polyex0 et polyex1) which are cubes, so in final i should have a cube with some properties of each of the 2 cubes.

Thank you very much for your help,
Have a good week!