[Paraview] ParaviewWeb with remote, distributed data

Sven Kramer svenkramer40 at gmail.com
Fri May 6 16:17:38 EDT 2016

Dear all,
I am currently running a VTK application, which is visualizing large grids
distributed on a MPI cluster.
My task is to migrate this application to the Web. But I cannot manage more
than what is described at
http://www.paraview.org/ParaView3/Doc/Nightly/www/js-doc/index.html#!/guide/quick_start,
that is I can serve a local data directory through the provided webapps.

I have two essential questions that stop me from getting started:
1) How do I connect the pvpython server to remote data/render servers just
like I can do in Paraview?
2) All ParaviewWeb examples seem to react on webclient requests. Our
application is processing data as they come in, and also the visualization
pipeline is frequently updated depending on an automatic analysis of the
arriving data. Can the newly rendered datasets be pushed to the webclient,
or does the webclient have to poll for available datasets?

Thank you
Sven