[Paraview] Cron job and ParaView

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon May 2 20:26:46 EDT 2016

Also, be wary of environment variables in the cron job which are not the
same (think empty) as when you log into an interactive session.

If the machine happens to be setup to have X and you are OK with onscreen
rendering for the job (many nighty dashboards work this way for instance)
it is entirely possible that the process has no DISPLAY environment
variable and that you have to manually set it to :0 or something like that.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
21 Corporate Drive