[Paraview] question-filter

Megdich Islem megdich_islem at yahoo.fr
Tue Mar 29 05:30:36 EDT 2016

Hey Cory,
Thank you for your email. I used volume(input) expression for my case and for the sphere from the the sources but again I got an error in both of  cases which is AttributeError: 'builtin_function_or_method' object has no attribute 'NewInstance'. See picture attached.
Regards,Islem

    Le Mardi 29 mars 2016 2h54, Cory Quammen <cory.quammen at kitware.com> a écrit :

 On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 7:30 AM, Megdich Islem <megdich_islem at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Hey Cory,
>
> Thank you for your email. I tried using the python calculator with the
> expression you gave me but I got error saying that name ''volumes''  doesn't
> exist

Oops. Try 'volume' instead. Sorry about that.

 I also used the python annotation filter to calculate the volume of
> oil in a region that I can estimate the real volume but  instead of getting
> a scalar, I got a VTK array. I attached pictures that illustrate every
> thing, I also attached a picture of the mesh that I created with salome
> platform.

Looks like you forgot to sum() the results of alphaoil*volume(input).

--
Cory Quammen
R&D Engineer