[Paraview] Mono and Stereo Rendering in the CAVE

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Mon Mar 28 12:54:37 EDT 2016

On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 12:10 PM, David E DeMarle <dave.demarle at kitware.com>
wrote:

> Agree with Aashish on getting glxgears stereo as a prerequisite.
>
> Also one point of misunderstanding I see is that different displays in the
> pvx are meant to go to different tiles. Each tile shows left and right eye
> interleaved in time or color or pixel offset. The displays are not mean to
> be different eyes for the same tile as you want them to be. That is why we
> have a single eye separation for the whole config but you want a left eye
> or right eye designation for each output.
>
> @Aashish - Faiz would need to hack ParaView right ? Or is there some
> hidden configuration setting I've not seen before?

He would need to have two display configs for each output (which on linux
should have  different display number such as :0.0 and :0.1). That's the
only thing that would be needed for passive stereo.

Thanks

--

*| Aashish Chaudhary | Technical Leader         | Kitware Inc.            *
*| http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html