[Paraview] Shapefile plugin

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Tue Mar 22 18:26:05 EDT 2016

Hi Venkat,

You will need to build ParaView with Module_vtkIOGDAL set to ON. Then you
will need to install this plugin from here: (it worked for bit older
version of ParaView so things may have changed.).

https://www.gitorious.org/vtkgis_vector_reader/vtkgis_vector_reader.git/?p=vtkgis_vector_reader:vtkgis_vector_reader.git;a=tree;f=ParaViewPlugin;h=001f92722ada41697ef402339b6777e3dc66e1f1;hb=HEAD

Once the plugin is enabled, you should be able to load the Shapefile. I
will talk to ParaView developers to bring this into ParaView (I don't think
its in the repo yet).

Thanks

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 4:59 PM, Venkat Kolluru via ParaView <
paraview at paraview.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I am using paraview for 3-D hydrodynamic and water quality plume modeling.
>
> I am interested to load ArcGIS shape files and geo-referenced images  so
> that I can overlay the 3-D model results.
>
> Forum and other web searches show that some versions of paraview
> (paraviewGeo) and shapefile plugins were developed by others.
>
> But I am not get these files from websites (broken links or not available).
>

> Can anyone share shapefile and geo-ref image plugins for paraview?
>

> Thanks
>
> Venkat
>

> *___________________________________________________________________________________*
>
> Venkat S. Kolluru, Ph.D.
>
> Technical Fellow, IAP
>
> ERM
>
> 75 Valley Stream Parkway
>
> Suite 200
>
> Malvern, PA 19355
>

> Main: 484-913-0300; Direct: 484-913-0393; Mob: 610-764-0579; Fax:
> 484-913-0301
>
> www.erm.com; venkat.kolluru at erm.com
>

> ------------------------------
>
> This electronic mail message may contain information which is (a) LEGALLY
> PRIVILEGED, PROPRIETARY IN NATURE, OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED BY LAW FROM
> DISCLOSURE, and (b) intended only for the use of the Addressee (s) names
> herein. If you are not the Addressee(s), or the person responsible for
> delivering this to the Addressee (s), you are hereby notified that reading,
> copying, or distributing this message is prohibited. If you have received
> this electronic mail message in error, please contact us immediately at
> (617) 646-7800 and take the steps necessary to delete the message
> completely from your computer system. Thank you,
>
> Please visit ERM's web site: http://www.erm.com

*| Aashish Chaudhary | Technical Leader         | Kitware Inc.            *
*| http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html
<http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html>*