[Paraview] Threshold not working on points created from csv file

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Mar 21 12:04:44 EDT 2016

I'm not sure how to succinctly describe what is going on, but I will give it a try. The table to points is creating a data set with a single "cell" containing all of the points. This is a little bit weird thing to do since filters like threshold will treat all the points as a single cell, which is why you are seeing this behavior.

The easiest way to break each point into its own cell is to use the Glyph filter. Add the Glyph filter and set Glyph Type to "2D Glyph". A second combo box below that also labeled Glyph Type will appear. Set that one to "Vertex". Once you apply the filter, the data will look the same, but when you run threshold you should get the behavior you expect.

-Ken