[Paraview] ParaView 5.0.0 for Windows x64 fails to open EnSight Gold files

Andrew antech777 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 02:36:12 EDT 2016

ParaView 5.0.1 RC2 for Win-64 has been tested with my big EnSight case. I
loaded case successfully and created slice and vectors (glyphs) on it, no
any issues occured. Great thanks for debugging!

Meanwhile, I noticed that the color bar behavior is not as good as it was
in version 4.3. The color bar doesn't adjusts automatically to round
numbers (like my boss like to see in my reports :)), although it uses
correct fonts (it's known that version 4.3 didn't enlarge color bar fonts
in many cases despite of user's choice). But it's not a bug and scale can
be adjusted by hand (it's done much more faster than in CFD Post that
slowly rebuilds contour on every change on number of ticks, ParaView does
it almost instantly). I read some discussions a bit and I suppose that the
current behavior of color vr is a "common choice".