[Paraview] problem in example datasets ...

Ufuk Utku Turuncoglu (BE) u.utku.turuncoglu at be.itu.edu.tr
Thu Mar 17 06:52:26 EDT 2016

Hi,

I had a problem with Paraview example datasets. I downloaded the data
from following page

http://www.paraview.org/download/

but when i extract it, there is no any file in the folder. It has only a
hidden folder (.ExternalData),

 > ls -al Downloads/ParaView-5.0.0/.ExternalData/
drwxr-xr-x@    4 turuncu  staff    136 Feb  2 10:52 .
drwxr-xr-x@    3 turuncu  staff    102 Feb  2 10:52 ..
drwxr-xr-x@ 1158 turuncu  staff  39372 Feb  2 10:52 MD5
-rwxr-xr-x@    1 turuncu  staff    182 Feb  2 10:52 README.rst

and MD5 folder have

epsilon:~ turuncu$ ls -al Downloads/ParaView-5.0.0/.ExternalData/MD5/
drwxr-xr-x@ 1158 turuncu  staff     39372 Feb  2 10:52 .
drwxr-xr-x@    4 turuncu  staff       136 Feb  2 10:52 ..
-rwxr-xr-x@    1 turuncu  staff      3768 Feb  2 10:52
00d49b1746f315992fac476892c681ae
-rwxr-xr-x@    1 turuncu  staff       803 Feb  2 10:52
00fbea04bd9c797f38a6c7a15993ae3a

bunch of files with MD5 hash name. Are these compressed files (both
tar.gz and zip) corrupted? I am using Mac OS but i newer see these kind
of problem before. Anyway, it might be good to check those files.

Regards,

--ufuk