[Paraview] Issues with ParticlePath filter

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Tue Mar 8 13:22:47 EST 2016

Hi Evan,

I just tried replicating those issues with PV 5.0 and didn't see the crash
with either case 1 or 2. If you can share a data set and pv state file that
replicates the issue with 5.0 I can take a deeper look at this.

As for starting pathlines from a specific point in time instead of the
initial one, two quick thoughts here:

   1. Can you avoid loading in time steps?
   2. You could set the reinjection frequency such that particles get
   reinjected at your specific time and then use threshold on the particle
   InjectionStepId to get rid of particles you don't want. It may be a bit of
   wasted computation but easy to get results this way.

Cheers,

Andy