[Paraview] [Catalyst] Setting the MPI Comm in Python

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Sun Mar 6 06:54:40 EST 2016

Hi,

Can you use a different controller that has the same MPI processes assigned
to it? If that works for you, you should be able to just create a
vtkMPIController and use either CreateSubController() or
PartitionController() to create one similar to what you want. Note that you
may need to create two vtkMPIControllers, one that corresponds to
MPI_COMM_WORLD and one for your partitioning. After you've done that you
can use the vtkMPIController::SetGlobalController() to have VTK and
ParaView use that for interprocess communication.

Best,
Andy