[Paraview] Failure to run compiled paraview under win10

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Tue Mar 1 11:32:33 EST 2016

Is vtkpqApplicationComponent.dll in your PATH environment variable? Perhaps
you had set the PATH in your win7 machine but did not set it on your win10
machine?

Could you detail the errors that are reported?

FWIW, I can run ParaView 5.0 downloaded and installed from the paraview.org
web site on win10 with no problems.

Thanks,
Cory

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 10:20 AM, Böttcher, Prof. Dr. Peter <
Boettcher at kleintierklinik.uni-leipzig.de> wrote:

> I tried to compile different releases of paraview under win10 with exactly
> the same setting and libraries as with win7 (of course I run CMake
> separately on each machine). On both windows machines compilation (vs2010,
> qt8.8.2) ends without errors, but under win10 when starting paraview.exe I
> get errors relates to vtkpqApplicationComponent.dll. Under win7 paraview
> starts without any problems.
>

> Any ideas, what might be the issue?
>

> With kind regards, Peter.
>

> ____________________________________
>
> Prof. Dr. Peter Böttcher
>
> Dipl. ECVS, Fachtierarzt für Kleintierchirurgie
>
> Klinik für Kleintiere
>
> Universität Leipzig
>
> An den Tierkliniken 23
>
> 04103 Leipzig