[Paraview] Opacity Issues

Paluszek, Lukasz lukasz.paluszek at airbus.com
Wed Jun 29 03:48:02 EDT 2016

Hi Dave,

I tested the patch by simply replacing the two modified files and the new peeling worked with parallel rendering. I noticed, however, that I cannot load any state files saved before the patch application (or even from previous versions), Paraview segfaulted each time. I did not investigate the matter any further but perhaps you could double check that there is no backward compatibility issue with older state files that do have opacity information. In addition the peeling, regardless whether it’s the old or new implementation, takes significantly more time with parallel rendering than in the serial mode. Although, it’s expectable, the overhead is suspiciously high, I tried on 8 processes and a geometry which, in serial mode can be made opaque dynamically with no visible delay, took 34 seconds to be rendered. Most of the overhead comes from parallel distribution for compositing.

Regards,
Lukasz

[Beschreibung: Beschreibung: Description : cid:image001.png at 01CF0B8F.DB7831F0]
Łukasz Paluszek
Airbus Helicopters
Aerodynamics Department (ETGA)
86607 Donauwörth