[Paraview] Required CMake version 3.5

Christoph Grüninger foss at grueninger.de
Fri Jun 24 09:50:45 EDT 2016

Hi Ben,
I don't think it is a good idea to ask for the latest version. Only developers like us have
a current version of CMake installed. From already released distributions nobody
provides CMake 3.5.

> Though I question the distro update policies surrounding where ParaView
> is aggressively pushed forward when CMake isn't. CMake is *much* better
> with its backwards compatibility, but I guess it's down to maintainer
> style to some extent.

Sorry, there is a misunderstanding. We provide packages for already released
distributions. We cannot change the CMake version shipped with them. By
requesting a too recent version, there won't be updated versions of
ParaView for users of released openSuses any more.
I know they can download the binaries you provide or get a more recent
CMake and compile it themselves. You have to weight your inconveniences
against the ones of your users.

Bye
Christoph