[Paraview] python calculator confusion

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Thu Jun 16 21:30:18 EDT 2016

I'm trying to figure out the volume of each cell of a dataset.  I am trying to use the Python Calculator.  However, frankly, the data doesn't make sense.  So, I tried something really, really simple.  And things still aren't making sense.  Here is what I did:

*         ParaView 5.0.1, local server, Linux.

*         Sources/ Wavelet.  Change extents to go from 0 to 10 for X, Y and Z.  So, each cell has a volume of 1, there are 1000 cells, total volume of 1000.

*         Python Calculator.

o   Expression: volume(inputs[0])

o   Result: 31.62

Any idea what this volume is?  Why isn't it 1 or 1000, and how do I get a correct volume?

Thanks,

Alan