[Paraview] (no subject)

Shawn Waldon shawn.waldon at kitware.com
Tue Jun 14 17:13:44 EDT 2016

Hi Vince,

This is expected.  Essentially ParaViewWeb allows you to remotely view the
ParaView output with your browser.  If you launched the Visualizer without
pointing a browser at it and then went to another computer and pointed a
browser at the first computer, you would see the ParaViewWeb output.  The
window would still pop up on the computer running ParaViewWeb.  Essentially
the problem is that ParaView needs an OpenGL context to do its rendering
and on most operating systems this requires a window.  So it creates a
window to get the OpenGL context and uses onscreen OpenGL.

You can change it to use offscreen rendering by finding where it creates
its render view and setting view.UseOffscreenRendering = 1.  But you still
get a window that pops up (it is just a blank window now).  I'll let you
know if I figure out how to get rid of the window altogether.

Shawn