[Paraview] Questions to stream tracer

Zenker, Dr. Matthias Matthias.Zenker at erbe-med.com
Thu Jun 9 07:39:40 EDT 2016

Hi,

I want to visualize an electric field (calculated with Elmer). The data are in a vtu file. When I use the Stream Tracer filter to visualize the field, the stream lines extend well beyond the simulated region. Is there a way to make them end at the border of the simulated region? Since they do not have the same length, I cannot use the settings for maximum length or maximum number of steps to control that.
Another question: can I use a complex line as seed? If I integrate in both directions, I get artifacts, I think due to the fact that the field is zero in a part of the simulated region.

Thanks for helpful hints and/or a pointer to documentation (didn't find the answer in the help).

Matthias

Erbe Elektromedizin GmbH Firmensitz: 72072 Tuebingen Geschaeftsfuehrer: Christian O. Erbe, Reiner Thede Registergericht: Stuttgart HRB 380137