[Paraview] [Non-DoD Source] Re: 5.0.1/Exodus Reader (UNCLASSIFIED)

Hennessey, Joseph G CTR USARMY RDECOM ARL (US) joseph.g.hennessey2.ctr at mail.mil
Mon Jun 6 12:00:50 EDT 2016

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

Utkarsh,

I have rebuilt osmesa using mesa 11.2.2 but
it ParaView rebuilt with the new version is giving
me the same error as before, complaining that the
GL version 2.1 with gpu_shader4 extension is not
Supported.

I think I know  why  this is occurring and I wondered if you
could confirm this for me.

I configured mesa with these parameters

./configure \
    --disable-xvmc \
    --disable-glx \
    --disable-dri \
    --with-dri-drivers= \
    --with-gallium-drivers=swrast \
    --enable-texture-float \
    --disable-egl \
    --with-egl-platforms= \
    --enable-gallium-osmesa \
    --enable-gallium-llvm=yes \
    --prefix=<install prefix>

but, I did not have a version of llvm available
and the configure script then set

Llvm = no

>From my reading of this webpage

http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/ParaView_And_Mesa_3D

It seems that without gallium-llvm,
the version of OpenGL built reverts to an older version,
which I believe is why I am still getting the error.

Would you agree with this?

Thanks,

Joe

Joseph G. Hennessey Ph.D., Lockheed Martin
Army Research Lab
DOD Supercomputing Resource Center