[Paraview] pvpython and vtk classes and functions to create objects

Rodrigo Pelorosso rodrigo.pelorosso at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 19:45:22 EDT 2016

Hi!

Is there a way to use python VTK functions and classes in paraview?  I'm
using paraview through paraviewweb and I've created an RPC that I can call
from the client to run paraview python code:

@exportRpc("my.test.rpc")
    def myTestRPCFunction(self):
        return 0

I would like to create, inside this RPC, a plane with a texture applied.
Searching the mailing list I found this thread,

https://cmake.org/pipermail/paraview/2011-April/020848.html

were someone's trying to accomplish this from a reader written in C++, but
I would really like to do something like that inside my RPC, is that
possible?

Thank you!
Rodrigo