[Paraview] [Non-DoD Source] Re: 5.0.1/Exodus Reader (UNCLASSIFIED)

Hennessey, Joseph G CTR USARMY RDECOM ARL (US) joseph.g.hennessey2.ctr at mail.mil
Thu Jun 2 15:46:46 EDT 2016

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

Utkarsh,

I am running ParaView 5.0.1 connecting to a remote ParaView 5.0.1 server built with osmesa

And I have rebuild osmesa from both
Mesa 11.1.2 and Mesa 11.2.2 using

./configure \
    --disable-xvmc \
    --disable-glx \
    --disable-dri \
    --with-dri-drivers= \
    --with-gallium-drivers=swrast \
    --enable-texture-float \
    --disable-egl \
    --enable-shared \
    --with-egl-platforms= \
    --enable-gallium-osmesa \
    --enable-gallium-llvm=yes \
    --prefix=<install prefix>

And I have tried replacing the library

lib/paraview-5.0/libOSMesa.so.7

with both libOSMesa.so from 11.1.2 and 11.2.2

and they are both still giving the same error

paraview/VTK/Rendering/OpenGL2/vtkOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx line 587 vtkOSOpenGLRenderWindow GL Version 2.1 with the gpu_shader4 extension is not supported by your graphics driver, but is required for the new OpenGL rendering  backend. Please update your OpenGL driver.
If you are using Mesa please make sure you have version 10.6.5 and make sure your  driver support OpenGL 3.2

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Joe Hennessey

Joseph G. Hennessey Ph.D., Lockheed Martin Army Research Lab DOD Supercomputing Resource Center
120 Aberdeen Blvd.
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005
Voice:  410-278-3619
Fax:    410-278-8799