[Paraview] visualize traced particles

David Larsson david.larsson at sth.kth.se
Thu Jun 2 11:26:37 EDT 2016

Dear Paraview community,

in an external program, I've traced particles inside a 3D(+time) flow field and extracted each particles spatial position (x,y,z) in time.

I have this data saved in an ascii-output where each particle position (with time) is simply written out.

Now to my question: is there any convenient way of visualizing these pathlines in paraview? Can I load and look at that kind of data in a direct way? Or can you even visualize how the particle progresses in space over time?

Thanks for your help.

/David