[Paraview] [Non-DoD Source] Re: 5.0.1/Exodus Reader

Angelini, Richard C (Rick) CIV USARMY RDECOM ARL (US) richard.c.angelini.civ at mail.mil
Wed Jun 1 14:02:52 EDT 2016

So, we are continuing to have issues with 5.0.1 and OpenGL2.      I have
recompiled the server-side to use OpenGL2, and it works fine if when I run
ParaView 5.0.1 from my Mac.     However, if I run ParaView 5.0.1 from my
Linux box,  I’m still getting failures.   Looks like 5.0.1 on my Linux box
(RHEL6) is also built with OpenGL2, but there are apparently additional
issues?????     Here’s some of the output from the error log on the SERVER
side.    What’s generating these GL_Version info messages?      I’m using
the same exact server-side job launching whether I’m running the client on
my Mac or Linux machine - so it would seem that maybe something’s wrong on
the Linux client?????

/opt/cray/alps/5.2.4-2.0502.9822.32.1.ari/bin/aprun
/usr/cta/DAAC/paraview/5.0.1_osmesa/bin/pvserver
aprun -B pvserver --use-offscreen-rendering -rc -ch=excalibur09-int
-sp=4459 --connect-id=40460
Connecting to client (reverse connection requested)...
Connection URL: csrc://excalibur09-int:4459
Client connected.
GL_Version: 2.1 Mesa 7.11.2
GL_Version: 2.1 Mesa 7.11.2
GL_Version: 2.1 Mesa 7.11.2
GL_Version: 2.1 Mesa 7.11.2
GL_Version: 2.1 Mesa 7.11.2
GL_Version: 2.1 Mesa 7.11.2
GL_Version: 2.1 Mesa 7.11.2
GL_Version: 2.1 Mesa 7.11.2
GL_Version: 2.1 Mesa 7.11.2
GL_Version: 2.1 Mesa 7.11.2
GL_Version: 2.1 Mesa 7.11.2
GL_Version: 2.1 Mesa 7.11.2
ERROR: In
/usr/people/joeh/PV/Build_5.0.1_osmesa/paraview/src/paraview/VTK/Rendering/
OpenGL2/vtkOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx, line 587
vtkOSOpenGLRenderWindow (0x147ab50): GL version 2.1 with the gpu_shader4
extension is not supported by your graphics driver but is required for the
new OpenGL rendering backend. Please update your OpenGL driver. If you are
using Mesa please make sure you have version 10.6.5 or later and make sure
your driver in Mesa supports OpenGL 3.2.

Rick Angelini
USArmy Research Laboratory
CISD/HPC Architectures Team
Phone:  410-278-6266