[Paraview] Can't see Catalyst examples' output

Christopher Neal chrisneal at snumerics.com
Wed Jul 27 12:25:28 EDT 2016

Hi,

I recently compiled a version of Paraview using the command:
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=Release -DCMAKE_SKIP_INSTALL_RPATH:BOOL=YES -DBUILD_TESTING:BOOL=OFF -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_QT_GUI:BOOL=OFF -DVTK_RENDERING_BACKEND=OpenGL2 -DPARAVIEW_USE_MPI:BOOL=ON -DPARAVIEW_ENABLE_PYTHON:BOOL=ON -DPARAVIEW_INSTALL_DEVELOPMENT_FILES:BOOL=ON -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_CATALYST_ADAPTERS:BOOL=ON -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_AnalyzeNIfTIIO:BOOL=FALSE -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_ArrowGlyph:BOOL=FALSE -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_CDIReader:BOOL=FALSE -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_EyeDomeLighting:BOOL=FALSE -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_GMVReader:BOOL=FALSE -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_GeodesicMeasurement:BOOL=FALSE -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_H5PartReader:BOOL=FALSE -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_InSituExodus:BOOL=FALSE -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_MantaView:BOOL=FALSE -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_Moments:BOOL=FALSE -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_NonOrthogonalSource:BOOL=FALSE -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_PacMan:BOOL=FALSE -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_PointSprite:BOOL=FALSE -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_RGBZView:BOOL=FALSE -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_SLACTools:BOOL=FALSE -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_SciberQuestToolKit:BOOL=FALSE -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_SierraPlotTools:BOOL=FALSE -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_StreamingParticles:BOOL=FALSE -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_SurfaceLIC:BOOL=FALSE -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_ThickenLayeredCells:BOOL=FALSE -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_UncertaintyRendering:BOOL=FALSE -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_AcceleratedAlgorithms:BOOL=OFF -DVTK_USE_CXX11_FEATURES:BOOL=ON -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/neal/software/ParaView_build /home/neal/software/ParaView

Then ‘make’.

I then compiled the Catalyst examples in a separate directory using:  cmake -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/home/neal/software/ParaView_build -DBUILD_FORTRAN_EXAMPLES:BOOL=ON /home/neal/software/ParaView/Examples/Catalyst/

The cmake process throws no errors, and when I type ‘make’ it compiles without throwing any errors as well. If I go to a directory that has an example executable and run the executable I see no output generated at all. I even copied over the ‘SampleScripts’ directories that were in the examples source to the directories with the executables and they still generate no output. Has anyone seen this behavior before when trying to run the Catalyst examples?

Thank you,

Chris Neal