[Paraview] Paraview compatibility questions

Craig Christensen craig.christensen at ucalgary.ca
Mon Jul 25 13:10:04 EDT 2016

Hello all,

I am a fairly new user of Paraview, and have been floored at how powerful
of a tool it is. I would like to install it on my research group's remote
desktop; however, my colleagues in IT are not comfortable with installing
it until I have confirmation that it is compatible with oursystem.

First off, has anyone successfully installed Paraview using the Windows
Server 2008 R2 Enterprise (Service Pack 1) operating system? If so, what
version of Paraview was installed?

Second, I am having a hard time finding documentation on whether the remote
desktop's graphics card is OpenGL compatible. Has anyone using Paraview had
success with the Matrox G200eW 16MB DDR2 graphics card?

Thanks in advance for your help.
*Craig W. Christensen*
M.Sc. Candidate (Geoscience), University of Calgary
BSc.Eng. (Geological), Queen's University at Kingston

<LinkedIn <http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/craig-christensen/21/240/19/en>>