[Paraview] custom filter doesn't update property in the Paraview UI

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Thu Jul 14 11:24:54 EDT 2016

Corinna,

Take a look at the TIFFReader SourceProxy in
ParaViewCore/ServerManager/SMApplication/Resources/readers.xml. It has
a CustomDataSpacing property that enables you to set voxel spacing,
and has an associated information property CustomDataSpacingInfo that
should initially populate the spacing property when the reader is
created.

HTH,
Cory

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 11:17 AM, Utkarsh Ayachit
<utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com> wrote:
>> I'll check the meaning of MTime.
>
> See the implementation of vtkSetMacro() in vtkSetGet.h. Every time the
> value changes, it call this->Modified() which updates the MTime. Since
> VTK is a demand-driven pipeline, changes to MTime is what tells the
> pipeline that the algorithm has been modified and needs reexecution.
> If one modifies the MTime in RequestData() (the method called by the
> pipeline to process the input to produce output), the pipeline thinks
> the filter is always dirty and that can cause unexpected side effects.
>

>> I'd need something similar to an image resize filter. The output size should
>> be identical to the input size, when the filter is first attached to the
>> input. The output size should be shown in the UI and the user should be able
>> to enter a different output size.
>
> This is possible. Let me see if I can find you a simple example for
> the same. I'll get back to you.

Cory Quammen
R&D Engineer
Kitware, Inc.