[Paraview] plugin error: "Input for algorithm vtkPVPostFilter is of type ..., but a vtkPolyData is required"

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Thu Jul 7 09:03:42 EDT 2016

Hi Corinna,

Does vtkTestSource override the FillOutputPortInformation() member
function? It should look like

int vtkTestSource::FillOutputPortInformation(
  int vtkNotUsed(port), vtkInformation* info)
{
  // now add our info
  info->Set(vtkDataObject::DATA_TYPE_NAME(), "vtkTest");
  return 1;
}

If that doesn't fix the error, let us know.

You may run into other problems with a custom data object - you may
want to derive your vtkTest class from one of the vtkDataObject
ParaView works with, e.g., vtkTable.

Thanks,
Cory

Cory Quammen