[Paraview] [EXT] Re: How to find the distance to nearest node for each node in MultiBlockDataset

Dennis Conklin dennis_conklin at goodyear.com
Wed Jan 27 07:57:47 EST 2016

Utkarsh,

Thanks very much, that routine is several orders of magnitude faster than my kludge.

FYI,  I read chapters 13 and 14 of the User's Guide and reviewed several blog posts and didn't really see anything about vtkAppendFilter or VTKNonMergingPointLocator.   I would suggest that when you have a minute this would be an excellent example to add to the wiki as it shows some things that are not really shown anywhere else.

I'm very happy to report that based on the results of this filter we are able to create a Quality metric for our cord meshes that is proving very valuable.

Thanks again for your help

Dennis