[Paraview] Linux memory problems exclusive to Paraview

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Jan 21 11:09:52 EST 2016

Dennis,

Couple things please.

1) What distribution and version?
2) Can you send use the top couple of lines of top so we know specifically
what you are seeing (top output can vary)
3) Second - This is a shot in the dark and you'll have to compile preview
to test it. In vtkDataArrayTemplate.cxx - ensure that dontUseRealloc is
true. This changes part of the way we manage memory, so it might come into
play.

thanks

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.