[Paraview] GoToNext() is skipping timesteps

Neal,Christopher R chrisneal at ufl.edu
Fri Jan 15 10:26:09 EST 2016

Hi,

Has anyone had any issues when using the GoToNext() function in a Python script for advancing your data set in time? I have a data set with 100 timesteps of data & I perform an analysis of the data before advancing to the next timestep. When I added GoToNext() to my script the outputs data in the following form.

Pictures 1-4 - Actual data from the simulation that seems to span the entire timeset i.e. I see 4 images that are about 25% of the way through the timeset data.

Pictures 5-100  - Just repetitions of the data from the last timestep

It's like the function is taking very large steps through my time series data without stopping at each individual timestep.

I used to use the ViewTime & that seemed to work fine. I don't know what is going on with GoToNext(). I'm using Paraview 4.4

Thank you,

Christopher R. Neal
Graduate Student
Center for Compressible Multiphase Turbulence
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department
University of Florida
Cell: (863)-697-1958
E-mail:  chrisneal at ufl.edu