[Paraview] Script for slice generation without on screen rendering

Borchi Leonardo Leonardo.Borchi at ducati.com
Tue Jan 12 11:53:00 EST 2016

Hi to all,

I would execute a script on a local machine without on screen rendering.
I have traced the operations with paraview, edited the script and launched with pvpython. The script generate 200 slices on a volume and save them.
All works as expected, but I would eliminate the on screen windows that blink for one second every time I saved one slice.

Is possible to generate and save the slices without on screen rendering the image using pvpython?

There is another procedure to follow in order to obtain the result?

My pc run windows 7 and paraview 4.3.1.

Thanks in advance

Leonardo