[Paraview] using paraview with ompi and grid engine queue system

Thomas Førde thomas.forde at ulstein.com
Thu Jan 7 03:30:12 EST 2016

Hi

Im trying to setup a system for running paraview 4.4. py scripts through our grid engine system, but somewhere on the way im probably doing something wrong.

Im using the precompiled binary file on the graphical workstation, and have compiled a osmesa pvserver version on 1 node with 16 cores to test with using http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/ParaView_And_Mesa_3D_tmp#ParaView_with_Mesa for guidance, (there was no pvbatch created with this version)

My jobs keep failing with DISPLAY error even when using mpirun -np 4 pvserver -use-offscreen-rendering script.py

Any ideas to what I might have missed? Or any guidance to point me to the right direction, if there is one.

./Thomas