[Paraview] Annotate animation with expression of Field Data

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Tue Jan 5 14:31:54 EST 2016

Dennis,

In the Python Annotation filter expression, you should be able to use
't_index' as an index into the field data array to access the value at that
timestep, e.g.,

"Total vertical force: %f"  % myForceData[t_index]

HTH,
Cory

On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 1:26 PM, Dennis Conklin <dennis_conklin at goodyear.com>
wrote:

> All,
>

> I have a user who needs to display an animation with the total vertical
> force at each timepoint.   The total vertical force can be calculated by an
> expression involving 4 Field Data quantites (reactions at 4 points).   We
> have been able to use the expression in PythonAnnotate to calculate the
> correct quantity but it displays the array of values for all time points.
> Is there any way to have this display just the quantity for each specific
> timepoint similar to AnnotateTime?   Or is there a way to use an expression
> using Field Data within AnnotateTime?
>

> Thanks
>

> Dennis

Cory Quammen