[Paraview] How to write multiple fields to VTU

Aleksejs Fomins aleksejs.fomins at lspr.ch
Thu Feb 25 04:48:33 EST 2016

Dear Paraview,

After reading the VTK legacy format guide (in particular, VTU), I am left puzzled about the syntax of the following operation: adding several scalar and several vector fields to points at the same time.

Say I have two scalar fields "S1" and "S2" and two vector fields "V1" and "V2". The syntax should look something like this

<PointData Scalars="???" Vectors="???">
<DataArray type="Float32" Name="S1" NumberOfComponents="1" format="ascii"/>
<DataArray type="Float32" Name="S2" NumberOfComponents="1" format="ascii"/>
<DataArray type="Float32" Name="V1" NumberOfComponents="3" format="ascii"/>
<DataArray type="Float32" Name="V2" NumberOfComponents="3" format="ascii"/>
</PointData>

Would you be so kind to tell me what has to be written there where I have put question marks?

Best regards,
Aleksejs Fomins