[Paraview] Installing Paraview with OS Mesa for off screen rendering

Ganesh Vijayakumar ganesh.iitm at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 14:26:13 EST 2016

Hello,

  I'm trying to install Paraview-v5.0.0 with OS Mesa for off screen
rendering using cmake. I was following instructions from the wiki. I
installed the mesa libraries first.

#From Paraview wiki
./configure --disable-xvmc --disable-glx --disable-dri
--with-dri-drivers="" --with-gallium-drivers="swrast"
--enable-texture-float --disable-shared-glapi -\
-disable-egl --with-egl-platforms="" --enable-gallium-osmesa
--enable-gallium-llvm=yes --with-llvm-shared-libs

I had issues with "-disable-shared-glapi". Then on
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.science.paraview.user/26440, I saw
that this option was removed. Now it compiles ok.

./configure --disable-xvmc --disable-glx --disable-dri --with-dri-drivers=
--with-gallium-drivers=swrast --enable-texture-float --disable-egl
--with-egl-plat\
forms= --enable-gallium-osmesa --enable-gallium-llvm=yes
--prefix=/storage/home/guv106/Installers/Paraview/mesa-11.1.2 &>
log.configure

Moving on after installing a new cmake with SSL compatibility that finds
the right python etc. , I get this error now when compiling paraview

/usr/lib64/libGL.so.1: undefined reference to `_glapi_tls_Dispatch'

I see that the wiki asks me to use the system libGLU as
-DOPENGL_glu_LIBRARY={MESA_INSTALL_PREFIX}/lib/libGLU.[so|a] \, however,
that library on my system refers to the system libGL instead of the
libOSMesa.so I just installed. How do I get around this? I'm unable to
install libGLU from freedesktop myself because it seem to need GL. Any
ideas? Am I missing some obvious step here? Should I attach my
CMakeCache.txt?

ganesh