[Paraview] Adding time steps to a data set

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Fri Feb 12 13:32:16 EST 2016

Miguel,

As suggested by Sam, ParaView relies on the time code in the Exodus files to determine which time is valid. You can use the file sequence naming convention you state to load a time series of files (to, for example, support a changing mesh). However, each file must have a unique time value or else the reader will discard all but one as duplicates. There is an open bug (http://www.paraview.org/Bug/view.php?id=15967) to add an option to ignore the time value in an Exodus file.

-Ken