[Paraview] EGL build of ParaView

Dan Lipsa dan.lipsa at kitware.com
Thu Feb 11 11:33:05 EST 2016

Alexandre,

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 11:13 AM, Alexandre Ancel <
alexandre.ancel at cemosis.fr> wrote:

> Hello Dan,
>
> Regarding to the values of the variables, I have:
>
> //No help, variable specified on the command line.
> EGL_INCLUDE_DIR:UNINITIALIZED=/data/software/install/EGL/include
>
> //Path to a library.
> EGL_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libEGL.so
>
> //No help, variable specified on the command line.
>
> EGL_gldispatch_LIBRARY:UNINITIALIZED=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGLdispatch.so.0
>
> //Path to a library.
> EGL_opengl_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libOpenGL.so
>
> The libraries are OK (They come from the manual installation of the Nvidia
> driver which should be at least 355 if I remember well). I have a 358.16.
>
> I didn't previously saw that EGL_INCLUDE_DIR was marked as UNINITIALIZED,
> however ParaView was built successfully with the previously mentioned
> options.
>
> I am just not sure about the libGLdispatch.so.0 library, as it is not a
> symlink to a libGLdispatch.so.358.16.
> When I do a "strings libGLdispatch.so.0", I have gl*NV functions, so I
> guess it should be ok.

Al this looks fine.

> As I said before, remote rendering is working but only when I add
> "--disable-xdisplay-test" to the pvserver.

I see. It seems your build works fine but we should have authomatically
pass that option and now show the option in ParaView at all.
When you run through EGL there is no X involved. Opening an X display as
this test does probably screws up things.

You can also try (with this option passed as you have done) to see what is
shown in:
Help, About, Connection Information, OpenGL Renderer.

It is interesting that I have not seen this problem. I tested on a machine
that was already running X. Maybe this made a difference.
I will file a bug report as it makes sense to disable the xdisplay test.

Dan