[Paraview] Periodicity aware streamline?

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Wed Feb 10 09:31:17 EST 2016

There is a better way. Build a multi-block structure that creates enough
copies with the appropriate transforms to advance the streamlines as many
periods as you need. Make sure to shallow copy all heavy data structures
such as data arrays. If you are using vtkImageData or vtkRectilinearGrid,
this is easy. If you are using vtkStructuredGrids or vtkUnstructuredGrids,
take a look at vtkPeriodicDataArray and its subclass
vtkAngularPeriodicDataArray. If you need other type of periodicity, you may
need to create a new subclass of vktPeriodicDataArray. Also take a look at
vtkPeriodicFilter that can create such a multi-block dataset.

Best,
-berk