[Paraview] Simple questions on Points in Unstructured Grid

Dennis Conklin dennis_conklin at goodyear.com
Fri Feb 5 08:53:40 EST 2016

All,

I need to write a routine to find voids in a mesh but I don't understand some simple stuff about points.

I want to take a section of points in a given box - say a range of Theta and range of Y to select the points in the box - I used Find Data but Trace didn't seem to give me the full set of parameters for that

Then I want to sort that subset in order of radius so that I can assign to each node the difference in radius between itself and the next outboard node in the set - the last node gets zero.  Any large values for this variable would identify the voids in the mesh.

The simple things that I don't understand are

1.      How to get that subset - I don't understand the few examples of programmatic selection that I have seen and a further complication is I need this subset to include nodes from all blocks in my MultiBlockDataset

2.      From this subset, how do I find the correct index into the original Points array for each point in my subset, so that I can assign this new variable to the correct nodes.   I'm sure there's something simple like a GlobalNodeID or something but I don't know how to do that.

Anyone got a good example?

Thanks

Dennis