[Paraview] Changing values of property panel

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Feb 1 10:35:04 EST 2016

> Now I am trying to wrap up my algorithm into a filter class and thought that
> either RequestData() or RequestUpdateExtent() may be a good place to do it.
> Unfortunately the pipeline representation object is not available when I
> create the filter for the first time and press Apply. I also figured out
> that once the filter has  been created, modified and the Apply button was
> pressed again the filter already knows that the representation is there. Is
> there a way around it to get this to work all the time or do I have to
> register a button which would need to be used after the filter has been
> created in the pipeline browser in order to update its properties for the
> first time ?

For reasons I won't go into details here, a filter is not the right
place for such actions that put together representation properties. A
filter does only 1 thing: take input data and process it to produce an
output data. Since that's not what you're doing here, the code doesn't
fit inside a filter.

Utkarsh