[Paraview] moving streamlines with flow

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Thu Dec 22 16:17:24 EST 2016

If you want the seeds to move my suggestion would be to use a programmable
source that generates those seeds and then use the Stream Tracer With
Custom Source filter. This does require knowing the how the seeds change
with time a priori. If you want the seeds to advect with the flow you could
try the particle path filter to advect the seeds and use that as your input
into the stream tracer with custom source filter. If you do that I'd love
to see the resulting animation -- I'd bet it would be quite spectacular!