[Paraview] 3D Widgets

michal wozniak michalwozniak at live.ca
Wed Aug 24 15:44:30 EDT 2016

Hi,
I am trying to add 3D widgets to my custom filters. I am trying to find some documentation. For eg, let's say I want to add a BoxWidget that will just surround my input data. How do I achieve this?  I am having trouble understanding the process of linking the widget to the filter inside the XML.
I looked here
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Properties_Panel and ParaViewCore\ServerManager\SMApplication\Resources\3d_widgets.xml
In 3d_widgets.XML, I see all the possible widgets available to ParaView. What the XML syntax to access them.
I was looking at the clip filter which is using the Box and a plane ( for the plane clip) and saw that this part of XML is "triggering the process of rendering the BOX with the plane"
<ProxyProperty command="SetClipFunction"                     label="Clip Type"                     name="ClipFunction">        <ProxyGroupDomain name="groups">          <Group name="implicit_functions" />        </ProxyGroupDomain>        <ProxyListDomain name="proxy_list">          <Proxy group="implicit_functions"                 name="Plane" />          <Proxy group="implicit_functions"                 name="Box" />          <Proxy group="implicit_functions"                 name="Sphere" />          <Proxy group="implicit_functions"                 name="Cylinder" />          <Proxy group="implicit_functions"                 name="Scalar" />        </ProxyListDomain>
How do I customize this code, to add a different kind of 3D widgets ?